Autor: Fredrik Bynander, Daniel Nohrstedt
Wydawca: CRC Press
Dostępność: Dostawa 10-20 dni
Cena: 197,40 zł
Fredrik Bynander, Daniel Nohrstedt
Public organizations are increasingly expected to cope with crisis under the same resource constraints and mandates that make up their normal routines, reinforced only through collaboration. Collaborative Crisis Management introduces readers to how collaboration shapes societies’ capacity to plan for, respond to, and recover from extreme and unscheduled events.
Placing emphasis on five conceptual dimensions, this book teaches students how this panacea works out on the ground and in the boardrooms, and how insights on collaborative practices can shed light on the outcomes of complex inter-organizational challenges across cases derived from different problem areas, administrative cultures, and national systems. Written in a concise, accessible style by experienced teachers and scholars, it places modes of collaboration under an analytical microscope by assessing not only the collaborative tools available to actors but also how they are used, to what effect, and with which adaptive capacity. Ten empirical chapters span different international cases and contexts discussing:Natural and "man-made" hazards: earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, terrorism, migration flows, and violent protests Different examples of collaborative institutions, such as regional economic communities in Africa, and multi-level arrangements in Canada, the Netherlands, Turkey, and Switzerland Application of a multimethod approach, including single case studies, comparative case studies, process-tracing, and "large-n" designs.
Collaborative Crisis Management is essential reading for those involved in researching and teaching crisis management.
List of Figures
List of Tables
List of Contributors
1. Collaborative Crisis Management: Inter-Organizational Approaches to Extreme Events
Fredrik Bynander and Daniel Nohrstedt
2. Upscaling Collaborative Crisis Management: A Comparison of Wildfire Responder Networks in Canada and Sweden
Daniel Nohrstedt, Julia Baird, Örjan Bodin, Ryan Plummer and Robert Summers
3. Secure Summits: Collaborative Crisis Management Before and During Global Government Conventions
Sanneke Kuipers and Marij Swinkels
4. Managing Extraordinary Influx of Migrants: The 2015 Migration Crisis in Sweden
Edward Deverell and Dan Hansén
5. Overcoming Collective-Action Problems in Collaborative Crisis Management: Meta-Governance and Security Communications Systems
Oscar L. Larsson
6. Vertical Collaboration During the 2014 Swedish Wildfire
7. Collaborative Crisis Management in Turkey: Perceptions and Outcomes of Collaboration During Two Earthquakes
8. Transregional Crisis Management in Africa
Simon Hollis and Eva-Karin Olsson
9. Addressing the Challenges of Transboundary Crises: The Dutch Local Response to the Global Surge in ISIS Supporters
Scott Douglas, Aline Bos and Mirko Noordegraaf
10. Avoiding the Failures of Collaborative Crisis Management: Lessons from Research and Practice
Charles F. Parker and Bengt Sundelius
11. Under What Conditions Does an Extreme Event Deploy its Focal Power?: Toward Collaborative Governance in Swiss Flood Risk Management
Karin Ingold and Alexandra Gavilano
12. Lessons and Avenues for Future Research in Collaborative Crisis Management
Daniel Nohrstedt And Fredrik Bynander
Książek w koszyku: 0 szt.
Wartość zakupów: 0,00 zł
Administratorem danych osobowych jest firma Gambit COiS Sp. z o.o. Na podany adres będzie wysyłany wyłącznie biuletyn informacyjny.
© Copyright 2012: GAMBIT COiS Sp. z o.o. Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.
Projekt i wykonanie: Alchemia Studio Reklamy